Old 08-10-2009, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
moghouse moghouse is offline

Default Advice needed on garden waste please

On Oct 7, 10:33*am, Heather-Whitty Heather-Whitty.
wrote:
I am carrying out research for a design project at Strathclyde
University and would like to know;

I am appalled that so many people seem to allow their local councils
to bully, dictate and charge them in the ways described above. You
should either be looking for some new councillors or standing for
election yourself. I had a little contratemp with my binmen. I
explained politely but firmly that I paid my council tax which covered
removal of garbage. The council chose to subcontract the collecting to
the company that employs the bibmen. What it did not do was to pay the
binmen to tell me (the person that pays their wages) how I should
present my garbage, what time of what day I should put it out, or any
other aspect of the job. I put it out, you collect it - simple Tsk!