Old 08-10-2009, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Advice needed on garden waste please

moghouse writes
I am appalled that so many people seem to allow their local councils
to bully, dictate and charge them in the ways described above.

I think the important thing is 'seem to allow'. You don't actually know
what has gone on, who people have spoken to, what we are doing about
electing new councillors, what the choice of candidates is, what the
other issues in he area and how important they are compared to the
removal of rubbish ...

You
should either be looking for some new councillors or standing for
election yourself. I had a little contratemp with my binmen.

You're lucky - you actually see binmen ;-)

explained politely but firmly that I paid my council tax which covered
removal of garbage. The council chose to subcontract the collecting to
the company that employs the bibmen. What it did not do was to pay the
binmen to tell me (the person that pays their wages) how I should
present my garbage, what time of what day I should put it out, or any
other aspect of the job. I put it out, you collect it - simple Tsk!

The difference is ... I don't have to put mine out. At least, I don't
have to take it to the roadside.

--
Kay