Old 10-10-2009, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default New member

In message
,
aquachimp writes
On Oct 9, 4:57*pm, Mary Tilling Mary.Tilling.
wrote:
Hi I am not sure how this works so I hope I am doing it right.
I have a question about a young Rowan tree we have. Where do I ask it
Mary

Mary Tilling

What's the question?

And if it's of any help to you, a "Rowan"" tree is sometimes referred
to as a "Mountain Ash"; in botanical terms the name starts with
"Sobrus....."

Make that "Sorbus". The native rowan is Sorbus aucuparia, but several
other species are grown.

e.g; http://www.treesforlife.org.uk/tfl.rowan.html

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley