Old 10-10-2009, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kath Kath is offline

Default Its wild

On 5 Oct 2009 12:49:26 GMT, Derek Turner wrote:

On Sat, 03 Oct 2009 21:55:52 +0100, Gopher wrote:

I realise this requires a
subjective opinion and know it's a bit OT but any improvement on
previous efforts will, I know, be welcomed by the family at Xmas.

There's your problem: this year's Sloe Gin shouldn't be sampled until /
next/ xmas. Pound of sloes, frosted (cheat and use the freezer!) and
pricked, pound of sugar, bottle of gin. Turn weekly for six months.

Why do they have to be frosted? And why wait a year, 2 years ago we waited 3 months but
this year it tastes like it will be ready in another month.

Kath

'The Stories of George the Hamster'
Translated by Lee H and Kathleen Smith
ISBN - 978-0-9546989-3-5
Available from www.arlev.clara.net/george.htm
and from both on line and High Street Bookshops