Old 10-10-2009, 11:27 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Home Depot trees

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009 11:01:50 -0700 (PDT), Karen
wrote:

On Oct 8, 1:56*pm, "Thos" wrote:
I don't know about the SFBA, but the Home Depot's around the Dallas, Tx area
only sell fruit trees in the spring. *Their trees are fine, but you may find
a limited selection of varieties. *I've bought peach , pears and figs from
HD and they have always been fine. *But now you have me curious.....it's a
matter of time and not *money?
What's the rush? (if you care to *elaborate)

I thought that fall was the best time to plant trees? The fruit trees
are hitting Orchard Supply now, too.

Karen

Planting before the best months of rain is a good idea to give the
roots a good start. Sure you can hand water and plant anytime, but
rain seems to do the better job. The worst time is to plant shortly
before a draught. This is a good time (now thru early winter) to
fertilize/mulch deciduous trees.