Old 11-10-2009, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Soil sifter

"Bob Minchin" wrote ...
If you have stony soil and want to sieve it without the back ache and arm
ache of hand sieving, then I can thoroughly recommend the electrically
powered Scheppach RS400. I've just bought one of these and it performs
really well.

I can also imaging that it will be good for sieving any woody bits from
home compost.

Sieved soil drops out the bottom, into a barrow if you wish, and the
stones, roots etc are ejected out the end into a bucket or barrow.

I have no commercial interest in Scheppach, just a very satisfied
customer.

There is video of the thing in action he-

http://files.recycleworks.co.uk/sifter-video.htm

The Video shows it working soil that is dry, sandy and dusty and I wonder
how it would work on soil that isn't.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden