Old 11-10-2009, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] vulch@vulch.org is offline

Default Soil sifter

"shazzbat" writes:

wrote in message ...

In best Heath-Robinson fashion the couple of occasions over the years
I've needed to do a lot of sieving I've arranged a wobbly stand for my
home made sieve, which is a wooden frame with suitable sized chicken
wire nailed on, and then strapped my orbital sander to it. The sander
can be locked on and the speed adjusted to hit the resonant frequency
of the lashup.

I made this -

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...Picture005.jpg

Out of junk, and a trolley which once belonged to B&Q. It works well
as I shovel stuff in and a slave turns it by hand.

Bah, far too neat. I'm deficient in the handy slave department too so
motorisation is necessary.

Anthony