Old 11-10-2009, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Soil sifter

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
Dave Hill wrote:
On 11 Oct, 18:22, "~Brian~" wrote:
Bob Minchin wrote:
If you have stony soil and want to sieve it without the back
ache and
arm ache of hand sieving, then I can thoroughly recommend
the
electrically powered Scheppach RS400. I've just bought one
of these
and it performs really well.
I can also imaging that it will be good for sieving any
woody bits
from home compost.
Sieved soil drops out the bottom, into a barrow if you wish,
and the
stones, roots etc are ejected out the end into a bucket or
barrow.
I have no commercial interest in Scheppach, just a very
satisfied
customer.
There is video of the thing in action he-
http://files.recycleworks.co.uk/sifter-video.htm
Bob
Bit pricey for my pocket!!! :-(- Hide quoted text -

For that price you could go to B&Q and buy well over 5250cu
ft of
multi pourpous compost, or almost 6000cu ft if you get
pensioners
discount on a wednesday.
And I have no conection to the afore said firm.
David Hill

Fair enough. I choose to do it my way

Sorry to have bothered to pass on the info.

Don't let them get you down Bob. We all need a few toys in the
garden, they make life more interesting. Me, when I need one I
shall probably make something like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SUCI...eature=related

Mike