Old 12-10-2009, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Fuchsia sport

In message , Jim S
writes
I have an unknown variegated fuchsia (leaves green centre, white margins
with pink tinge - red slender flower with magenta centre) It has thrown a
sport which has green leaves with red veins (cutting just coming into
flower)
Is this a known habit of a known variety or have I got something new?

You might have 'Gracilis Tricolor'. This does in my experience tend to
vary, producing green shouts, or shoots without the pink tinge. But I
don't recall a variant with red-veined leaves. (Looking at my cuttings,
there's some red on the underside of the mid-rib.)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley