Old 12-10-2009, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Fuchsia sport

On 12 Oct, 13:24, Janet Baraclough
wrote:
The message
from Jim S contains these words:

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 13:40:18 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill wrote:
On 11 Oct, 20:24, Jim S wrote:
I have an unknown variegated fuchsia (leaves green centre, white margins
with pink tinge - red slender flower with magenta centre) It has thrown a
sport which has green leaves with red veins (cutting just coming into
flower)
Is this a known habit of a known variety or have I got something new?

* * Many variegated plants have that habit of *single stems reverting to
green.

* *Its usual *to *remove all-green *stems from a variegated plant as
soon as you notice them; they are stronger growing
*and left alone, will eventually take over .

* * Janet

It looks like F. Sunray to me, and what you have is a stem that has
reverted.
David Hill