Old 12-10-2009, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim S Jim S is offline

Default Fuchsia sport

On 2009-10-12 11:51:35 +0100, Jim S said:

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 13:40:18 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill wrote:

On 11 Oct, 20:24, Jim S wrote:
I have an unknown variegated fuchsia (leaves green centre, white margins
with pink tinge - red slender flower with magenta centre) It has thrown a
sport which has green leaves with red veins (cutting just coming into
flower)
Is this a known habit of a known variety or have I got something new?
--
Jim S
* * * * Tyneside UK

A picture's worth a thousand words.
Failing that sounds as if it is reverting to its origional type,
David Hill

Here you go
http://www.jimscot.myby.co.uk/fuchsia_1.jpg
http://www.jimscot.myby.co.uk/fuchsia_3.jpg

Ray suggests you have a look at Fuchsia magellanica versicolor. We
have that and there is considerable variation in its leaf markings. It
has red veins and the younger growth, in particular, has very pink
leaves. Some of our has green bits in it too and apparenntly it is
known for a good deal of variation. This is a pic of ours which is a
very mature plant:
http://i37.tinypic.com/mwtno8.jpg

I think I prefer Dave's choice of Sunray, but why is the reverted one not
grown in it's own right?
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK