Old 12-10-2009, 11:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
gunner gunner is offline

Default Greenhouses

"General Schvantzkoph" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:09:03 -0700, gunner wrote:

"General Schvantzkoph" wrote in message

Thanks for the suggestion, $750 is cheap enough to be used as an
experiment to see if a greenhouse would be helpful, if I liked it I could
get a nice glass one in the future.

Exactly my thoughts when I started, now I want a sunroom or a Florida room
attachment to the house, right next to the kitchen.

Fresh herbs and lettuces are nice in Dec and Feb. The Tomatoes still have to
wait for the sun until LEDs make an improvement. Which speaking of Solar
panels, HF also has small solar lights to use for night lights.

BTW here is a better link to Dr. Resh. That last one was a front for a
Hydro store and not educational:http://www.howardresh.com/home.html

For years I've used his books ; Hydroponic Food Production and Hydroponic
Tomatoes as THE reference guide. The first one is a bit technical but lots
of good information.