Old 12-10-2009, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mark McIntyre Mark McIntyre is offline

Default Wintering the veggie patch

beamer wrote:
Hi

I've been battling a weed this year in the veggie patch and I think it
has won!!

It's like a red clover and it's very quick growing. Is there a way I
can treat the plot with a chemical now (ish) with a view to killing
all the weed and anything else in there and have a nice clean plot I
can plant my veggies on next year?

Veggie plot is ~4.5m X 3m. It is bordering a lawn (which I don't want
to kill!) with a log about 6" thick.

Cover the entire plot in weed-control matting over the winter?