Old 13-10-2009, 02:00 PM
*Mechanic* *Mechanic* is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete.a View Post
Im new to this forum , but im sure someone can help me with a small niggle.
Im trying to repair a Atco B14 cylinder mower for a friend. The main output bearing has gone...well worn out. Got a replacement bearing fairly quickly, just cant get that damned drive sprocket off. Had a look on the atco web site , just to make sure there was no circlip holding it in place ! Later models used a nut .
Can anyone shed any light, before i get the blow torch out !
Im thinking of warming up the spocket ..as it may be a shrink fit .
Hi Pete,

Do you know which of the Atco B14's you have there Ensign, Delux, Commodore? Which sprocket are you talking about here? The one from the centrifugal clutch or the cutting cylinder spindle? Theres a lot of variation on these machines so as much info as possible would help

Atco Parts Diagrams - https://etli.bosch-pt.com/(3w4ouwr1j...ry=GB&brand=at

Obsolete Atco Webb Qualcast Merry Tiller Parts - www.jungle-busters.co.uk

Let me know and i'll see if can shed some light on things for you if non of the above are helpfull.

Cheers
*Mechanic*