Old 13-10-2009, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Can I prune my buddlieas now?

Sacha wrote:
That's it, really - or should I wait a bit longer? What's the best time?

I've always been told that the best time to prune buddlias is in the
daylight .........

I'd agree with that. Short of napalm, heaven knows what kills them off!

I think we have finally killed off the buddlia that was in our garden
when we moved in 6 years ago. It was one of those grubby pale lilacy
colour ones which grow everywhere - don't get me wrong, I like buddlia,
but I like the white, dark purple or reddish coloured ones. The lilacy
one just reminds me of railway lines!