Old 14-10-2009, 03:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
gunner gunner is offline

Default Will fall-planted carrot seeds grow in spring?

"Suzanne D." wrote in message

"gunner" wrote in message news:5radnfvY-
Utah wasn't it? Why plant a cool weather crop in the summer heat?

Because they all grew wonderfully last summer in the exact same temps.

Good accomplishment! same area/same temps?

I was just wondering if I might expect to see them come up next year.

Yes, you may, but carrot seeds in the soil are usually short lived and don't
need stratification.

Interesting you say "wilting remains of peanuts"? How did those do for you?
do you grow them often? same bed?