Old 17-04-2003, 01:32 PM
Justin Hughes

Default source of logs with bark still on them?

I am planning to make a raised flowerbed, surrounded by lengths of
timber logs. I have a couple of small apple trees in the garden, which
should provide about half the wood a need, but I will need to buy some
more. Any ideas who would sell these? Local garden centre couldn't
help.

I particularly want logs with the bark on and about 2-3 inches in
diameter. I know everywhere sells those log-like borders, but I am
looking for the natural effect. I am based in Berkshire if that helps.

Also once I have made this, can anyone suggest a way of preserving the
timber? how long is it likely to be before an untreated log loses it's
bark and then rots?

Thanks,

Justin