Old 15-10-2009, 04:13 AM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Garden design in the 60's 70's and 80's

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 10/14/09 3:19 AM, in article
, "FarmI" ask@itshall be
given wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
I came into this thread late. Have you read Beverly Nichols? While it
is
the British trends he covers, it might give you some wonderful insight.

Delightful books and well worth reading but Nichols' garden books were
about
gardens that predate the time frame mentioned by the OP.

I was thinking of Gardens Open Today as being a "60's" garden...but I
could
be wrong

You could be right too though. I've not read that one. I've read the
series that included 'Laughter on the Stairs' - where he starts from knowing
nothing to having that huge garden and being very picky about his plants.

Hmmm - I have a whole bunch of "garden memoir" books.. Maybe I need to go
do
some re-reading.. All of the ones I've kept were such happy reads. Dumped
"Green Thoughts" - while the author wrote well and informatively, there
was
something about her that just rubbed be the wrong way.

:-)) Your mention of him made me think that I needed to reread too. I
share the series with a friend as we both bought some of the set but they
live at her house.