Old 16-10-2009, 05:45 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Willshak Willshak is offline

Default Petrol Lawnmower query

on 10/16/2009 9:11 AM (ET) wrote the following:
On Oct 15, 1:19 pm, Icestation2
wrote:

I have a petrol lawnmower but the cord completely jammed. I removed the
cord/spinner assembly and fixed the problem but I’m not understanding
how this assembly connects or operates with the motor. I initially was
thinking that another cord or cable must run from the assembly to the
motor in some way but there isn’t anything. If I just rivet back the
assembly, will the mover work? I just don’t get how it all works.

--
Icestation2

There is no other cable connecting the pull-starter mechanism to the
engine. The pull-starter has a system where some type of fingers
grab when the cord is pulled, similar to what you might find in a
socket ratchet. After pulling, the fingers retract away. All that
is contained in the pull-start mechanism, which is then directly
connected to the engine.

It's a manual version of a centrifugal clutch.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY