Old 16-10-2009, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mark mark is offline

Default Interesting gardens in and around Suffolk

"Basia" wrote in message ...
I'll probably be visiting UK next summer, with a small group of friends, all
very gardening-oriented Could you please suggest some very worthwhile
gardens to visit, in the radius of 250 kms from Ipswitch? We are interested
in public gardens or botanic gardens mostly. So far we have chosen 5
places - Sissinghurst, RHS garden in Wisley, Hyde Hall, Barnsdale, Beth
Chatto gardens. Anything else?

Regards, Barbara.

I went to this one in July and found it quite amazing:
It's in Norfolk

www.e-ruston-oldvicaragegardens.co.uk/
Looks good on Google Earth

Lot of work done since this review:

A feast of formal design, decorative exuberance and brilliant planting. Close to the sea but well protected by windbreaks, making it possible to grow remarkably tender plants. The separate gardens including Tropical Borders, Mediterranean Garden, Sunken Garden, Autumn Borders, Kitchen Garden, Desert Wash and Cornfield, vary strongly in mood. Sculptures, lavishly planted pots and finely detailed walls and gates play their decorative part. Included in best 50 gardens in Europe by the Independent newspaper in July 2003.

mark