Old 17-10-2009, 05:28 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Is there anything better than Blood and Bone?

"ted" wrote in message

Others have given good advice so I'll just chip in a bit that occurs to me.

I water every second day but as water is an issue its only a light
watering.

Forget light watering. Either water once or perhaps twice a week (if you
must) and do a deep watering. Light watering brings the roots to the
surface and that is self defeating. If you have to do so, select which
plants you must keep and only water them and let the rest of the garden go.
Most of us here have had to make those sorts of choices at some time or
other.

And before you water, stuff your finger down into the soil and if it's dry
at about 4 inches, then water.