Old 17-10-2009, 03:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Greenhouses

In article ,
General Schvantzkoph wrote:

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 05:36:42 -0500, Omelet wrote:

In article ,
General Schvantzkoph wrote:

I've been thinking about getting a greenhouse to extend my growing
season by a month or so on either end. Does any one have any experience
with them and have any suggestions about what to get? Costco has a $300
coupon next week for a 8'x12' that will be $1300 after the discount. I
assume at that price it's going to be polycaronate not glass. They are
also selling an $8000 glass green house that's much nicer looking but
I'm not sure that I'm up for spending that much.

Google for pop-up greenhouses.

Thanks, that's and interesting solution. They're cheap and you can even
get them at Home Depot.

Mine lasted about 6 years. :-)
The sun will eventually rot them, but they are far more affordable.

Cheers!
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein