Old 17-10-2009, 04:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Greenhouses

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 05:36:42 -0500, Omelet wrote:

In article ,
General Schvantzkoph wrote:

I've been thinking about getting a greenhouse to extend my growing
season by a month or so on either end. Does any one have any
experience with them and have any suggestions about what to get?
Costco has a $300 coupon next week for a 8'x12' that will be $1300
after the discount. I assume at that price it's going to be
polycaronate not glass. They are also selling an $8000 glass green
house that's much nicer looking but I'm not sure that I'm up for
spending that much.

Google for pop-up greenhouses.

Thanks, that's and interesting solution. They're cheap and you can even
get them at Home Depot.

Mine lasted about 6 years. :-)
The sun will eventually rot them, but they are far more affordable.

Cheers!

How did you organize things in the greenhouses? Did you plant in the
ground or did you keep everything on racks?

A little of both. Mostly on racks but some in the ground. They don't
have floors.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein