Old 18-10-2009, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tomatoes still flowering

On Oct 16, 11:50*pm, wrote:
I still have 2 greenhouses full of ripening tomatoes, but the
plants all seem to be busy flowering again. *Not just one or
two varieties, but all 10 or so varieties are at it!
Is it just the odd late summer we've been having confusing the
poor things? *And is it worth letting them flower, or should I
be snipping them back to encourage the green fruit to ripen on
the vine?
I don't remember having such vigorous growth at this time of
year before!

Lucky you, mine are all outside, a row of about 15 plants laden with
fruit and now totally dead due to a vicious frost. If I were in your
position, I would nip out.

Judith