Old 19-10-2009, 12:26 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default End of summer

All ponds were covered this weekend in very nice weather. I had a jump on
it, since school was only a 1/2 day on Friday, so I left with the kids at
11:30am. I did the koi ponds that day and the lily pond the next. Today I'm
resting. Hopefully the forecast for next weekend is correct, a tad cooler
but still very nice to work on the filters and either slow them down (koi
ponds) or turn them off (lily pond) for winter.

I found another reason watercress is a wonder, added pictures to
photobucket showing how well watercress can hide plumbing. It has found a
good foothold in my blocks at the one end of the lily pond.
http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1255907385
Hopefully by next year it will be all the way across.

There is a white pvc elbow and ball valve that comes over the blocks at the
end and connects to the black spray bar... but you can't tell it he
http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1255907417

To see all my fall pictures they start on Page 3, 1st pic says "spray bar".
http://photobucket.com/jjspond ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us