Old 19-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Bigal Bigal is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granity View Post
Surely "Paki" is an abbreviation of Pakistani If it is considered racist to abbreviate it to Paki, then it's, by definition, racist to shorten British to Brits, Scottish to Scots, etc. ..................
Pete
It can get worse that that. Just think - Taffy for Welsh, Jock for Scots, Paddy for Irish, Pom (whinging) and Tommy for the English, Yank for Americans, Aussie for Australians. The list is endless. Would someone like to tell me just who the hell is the racist one here. Paki is only an abbreviation of Pakistani, and if I really wanted to be nasty to a Pakistani it would be the inflection in my voice as I said "Pakistani".
Bigal