Old 19-10-2009, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Susan Ashton Susan Ashton is offline

Default Advice needed on garden waste please

In message , Heather-Whitty
writes

I am carrying out research for a design project at Strathclyde
University and would like to know;

1. If your local council provides a kerbside recycling bin for garden
waste?

Yes

2. If they do is it a wheelie bin and which local council is it?

Green wheelie collected fortnightly from kerbside (alternate week to
household waste grey bin) - Sefton

3. When working in your garden do you bring that bin to where your
working? Eg when gathering autumn leaves do you bring the bin to the
pile of leaves?

The bin lives in the front garden and I only move it around in the front
if I'm working on the hedge, If I'm working round the back the wheelie
goes round via the side passage and gets parked near the action.
Generally if I'm working standing up I chuck the stuff straight in. If
I'm down on my knees, stuff goes in the wheelbarrow or a bucket and gets
transferred when said receptacle is full.

Whether stuff goes in the wheelie or the compost bins depends on what it
is (I won't compost certain weeds, for example), how big it is (eg
branches go in the wheelie) and how full everything is.

--
Susan Ashton
Southport, UK