Old 19-10-2009, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Seeding Leeks ?

"Therefore" wrote ...
I have a leek bed with 100 plants growing well
unfortunately 90 of these have gone to seed

The leek is mussel borough seed purchased from Alex Euro trading
Birmingham 30 pence per packet

Question can I blame the weather or could the
seed have deteriated or any other ideas

If the seed germinated then it's fine.

When did you plant the leeks and when did you plant them out?

We plant our seed in mid May and plant out the seedlings around the middle
to end of July for winter Leeks. Nowhere could have been dryer than here
this season and they still haven't gone to seed.

They have never gone to seed until year two.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden