Old 19-10-2009, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mark mark is offline

Default 2 Billion pakies complain to the BBC

"Bigal" wrote in message

Granity;867389 Wrote:
Surely "Paki" is an abbreviation of Pakistani If it is considered racist
to abbreviate it to Paki, then it's, by definition, racist to shorten
British to Brits, Scottish to Scots, etc. ..................
Pete

It can get worse that that. Just think - Taffy for Welsh, Jock for
Scots, Paddy for Irish, Pom (whinging) and Tommy for the English,
Yank for Americans, Aussie for Australians. The list is endless.
Would someone like to tell me just who the hell is the racist one here.
Paki is only an abbreviation of Pakistani, and if I really wanted to
be nasty to a Pakistani it would be the inflection in my voice as I
said "Pakistani".
Bigal

What would you have for Nigerians?

mark