Old 20-10-2009, 08:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
eva shovelful eva shovelful is offline

Default Sticky pots at Lowes

On Oct 19, 6:50*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 10/19/09 12:43 AM, in article
, "eva

shovelful" wrote:
On Oct 14, 1:22*pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Today, as I was cutting through the garden center, as there is never a check
out line there on weekdays, the announcement that all plants were 75% was
made. Left with Huechera Miracle and a white eyes buddlia....for about $6

Cheryl

so Cheryl, is that heuchera Miracle the one that is almost black
leafed with sort of spots on the leaves? *what are sticky pots?
Eva Shovelful *who is gardening in west Tennessee near the Mississippi
river and the closest Lowe's is miles away.

Sticky pots are plants you have to have at the nursery or garden center *-
they just sort of stick to you through the check out.

Miracle has yellow with red spotted new growth that turn green as the season
progresses. This got buried in the mostly shade area and we'll see how it
does. For $2 rather than the original $12, I'll give it a try.

THAT sounds awesome! I love Heuchera's myself. I have discovered
that they like pots sometimes, but not all of them like shade. Some
actually prefer sun or partial shade. Sticky pots, eh that sounds
like a wonderful problem. LOL can't beat saving $10 on the plants,
and what with finding that gasoline had risen in price by almost 30c
overnight, I need all the financial help I can get. not going to go
there. it smells of compost and politics, and I'd rather talk
compost. we stumbled upon a Brown Turkey fig tree that was at Home
Depot and because the rest of the plants they were offering had fruit
on them, the one we picked was ignored. We got it for $8 whereas the
rest were going for $16. Soon as we planted it, it dropped 3/4's of
it's leaves that turned yellow. We went back and I paid attention to
how the rest of the plants looked (the figs) and they were sheltered
just in the inner portion of the outside nursery. I figured ours was
just freaked out to be really out into the real weather. So I told my
husband to wait and see. It's now doing fine, the remaining leaves are
hanging in there until we get a frost, and I see little leaf budlets
where next years leaves will come out. I can't want! I also have a
few other shrubs I have brought with me that are already preparing for
spring, so this will be fun to see how things unfold around our new
home. Thanks for answering me Cheryl.
eva