Old 20-10-2009, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Potato Vine

On 2009-10-20 09:09:13 +0100, "CT" said:

I planted a Potato Vine 'Glasnevin' earlier in the summer, up
against a fence with some wire to support it. It's done very well
- in fact, it's gone a bit more rampant than I would like.

When's the best time to prune it back, and how hard can I go? I
want to try to keep it flatter against the fence but without
causing it too much grief.

Thanks,

Cut it back in spring and tie it into the supports.

OK, ta.

IME they're absolute thugs and will devour everything in the vicinity.

Ah, the joys of buying things because the missus likes the colour of
the flowers, and not knowing what it's likely to do the rest of the
garden.

Still, it's a learning curve...

It always is! I doubt there's a gardener here of however many years
experience who'd disagree with that. Enjoy!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com