Old 22-10-2009, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mark McIntyre Mark McIntyre is offline

Default Plants to plant now

wrote:

Other than broad beans and peas, what else can I plant now (either under
glass or straight out in the ground)?

You can plant out Broccoli, cabbage, caulis, most other brassicas if you
get in quick. You can sow onions and garlic from sets or bulbs any time
up till mid Nov. Possibly you could sow root some veg from seed
(parsnips maybe? turnips or swedes?). Its a bit late for winter potatoes
unfortunately.

I have a load of brassicas already planted out, and I'm planting my
onions and garlic this weekend. This will all be a spring crop, and then
I'll plant something else in the space for a late summer crop.