Old 22-10-2009, 05:01 AM
karaman karaman is offline
Registered User

Default apple and apricot tree shoots

hallo,

have some old apples and an apricot tree in garden. they all throw up shoots from the roots under the soil. moving house, would like to take both with me to new garden.

Question:a) is it any use digging up these shoots to take with me - are they likely to be the same as the parent - have no idea what variety they are, so cant just go buy one. b) is it any good nurturing one of these shoots so that it takes over from the parent when it dies? c) if the answer is no to above, then why does the tree throw them up anyway? and should i cut them down?

thanks

karaman
the spirit never dies