Old 22-10-2009, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plants to plant now

In message ,
writes
I've never been any good at the over-wintering thing. Even last year's
broad beans that I planted in November failed, and they seem to be the
most famous over-winter crop.

Whether that's successful depends on the variety and the weather. Last
winter I was successful with Aquadulce Claudia and Bunyards
Exhibitition, and failed with The Sutton.

Other than broad beans and peas, what else can I plant now (either under
glass or straight out in the ground)?

Any advice - flowers, veg or herbs that can be started off in the next
week or so - would be appreciated.

Garlic, onions.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley