Old 22-10-2009, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Quick legal way to buy small area of farmers field?

In article ,
zingari wrote:

I am no way an authority in this field (pelease excuce the pun) but if
the
famer changed the use of his field then perhaps planning permission
would be
required, but if the purchaser bought part of the field for the
purpose of
"training" or exercising dogs, then this would be an original use by
the new
owner and not a change of use by the farmer.

Insteresting point..

And wrong. Sorry. The classification of use goes with the land and
not the owner.

Excellent info thanks Nick.
Where can i confirm that planning permission wouldnt be required until
the planners require it?

The Town and Country Planning Act. You can probably find it online
somewhere in:

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/legislation/

However, please note the other posters that too egregious a change
of use without permission will **** off the planners. If I were
doing that, I would attempt to be subtle. For example, if you
fence your area with a portable electric fence, it would not be a
permanent boundary.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.