Old 22-10-2009, 06:56 PM posted to aus.gardens
[email protected] gardenlen0@bigpond.com is offline

Default soft pet food (for magpie)

g'day john,

any dried dog food that can be broken up reasonably easily could be
cat food as well have you tried those ones where the pieces are small
to start with? maybe give any of the food you buy, a bit of a soak and
mush it into the best top grade(least fat) mince from the local
butcher not from the supermarket. try using a food processor or the
sort.

you could also hard boil eggs and break up the yoaks and add that in,
try to have the neighbour randomly feed the birds but yes she must
stop feeding them bread, the feeding method we like is if they don't
turn up for their one nibble a day(usually morning) then we don't
leave it for them so as not to make our feeding their main feed.

don't feed them at all now just provide a garden that as bugs for them
to eat the yearlings from last season are quiet happy to be close to
us as we pose no threat.

keep us informed

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 14:16:29 GMT, John Savage
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev