Old 22-10-2009, 04:01 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default Pond bird

I can't identify this bird that has shown up at the pond recently. It
is about the size of a sparrow, but is dirty yellow-green on its
breast, while its wings and head are a dark blue-brown. It will sit
on a branch 4-5 feet above the pond, then take off and fly like it is
going to dive into the pond, then 3-4 inches above the pond it does a
180 and flies back to its branch. It does this a lot, then takes
off. It might be a flycatcher, though I can't find any in my book
that look like it.
..