Old 23-10-2009, 12:31 AM posted to aus.gardens
Anne Chambers[_2_] Anne Chambers[_2_] is offline

Default soft pet food (for magpie)

John Savage wrote:
Any pet owners here who can tell me of a brand of dried pet
food (cat or dog) which is soft enough that it can be broken
up easily?

A neighbour is daily visited by a quiet magpie and I'd like
to see her give it a treat better than bread.

We are talking of just one or two pieces of dried pet food each
day, not a major part of its diet. Magpies seem to insist on
breaking food up into tiny morsels before they'll eat it.

I've thought of softening the hard food with water, but think
it will just fall to pieces when thrown onto the lawn.

Mine love Whiskas dry cat biscuits - I put it out for a scrawny stray cat who comes visiting and it's a race
to see who gets it first: my well-fed moggies, who much prefer outside food to inside food, the stray or the
magpies.

--
Anne Chambers
South Australia