Old 22-10-2009, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mark McIntyre Mark McIntyre is offline

Default Plants to plant now

wrote:

was planted, but no sign of the onions yet. We didn't have much
success from the overwintered alliums last year - got to spring and
they all got white rot. :-

This is my first try at onions over the winter. Both my allotment
neighbours always do it, and one side even survived a foot of floodwater
so we'll see !

Possibly you could sow root some veg from seed
(parsnips maybe? turnips or swedes?).

Hmm, I thought it was too late for them.

Probably. I planted turnips from seed a few weeks back and I'm now
swamped with 3" ones. Lots of soup I think...

I have a load of brassicas already planted out, and I'm planting my

Did you plant your brassicas from seed?

plugs.

are still going and are excellent, calabrese was so-so, but still going
in places,

my spring-planted PSB is still going strong.