Old 24-10-2009, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Forced and bedding hyacinths

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 20:18:03 +0100, "Donna UK"
wrote:

Hi there

My boyfriends mum has given me some hyacinths that she brought and does not
need. Only thing is she has mixed the forced and bedding together. If I
put them all indoors will the forced just come up sooner than the bedding?
I know it sounds a silly question...

Donna

No it's not a silly question. If you want them indoors, a good idea is
to plant them individually in small pots, bring them on somewhere cool
and dark, and when the flower buds begin to show plant the ones at
similar stages of growth into bulb bowls of 3 o 5 or however you want
them. That way you will have a succession of flowers.
If you have a lot you could plant some outside as well.

Pam in Bristol