Old 25-10-2009, 12:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Sticky pots at Lowes

On 10/22/09 2:59 PM, in article
, "eva
shovelful" wrote:
SNIP

I don't really have a good spot for them - most of my shade is "dry shade".
Though I can easily water certain areas of it, I've mostly put the hostas
there.

Cheryl

oooh, but you can also plant this wonderful and easy to grow perennial
called Epimedium that adores dry shade and is easy to grow, has
beautiful flowers that look like minature columbine flowers and clumps
up nicely. It also has gorgeous fall colors and heart shaped leaves.
I have seen several kinds available at this nursery by the name of
Plant Delights (the catalog itself is worth getting in the mail. Its
hilarious and has some unusual plants. The prices seem a bit high but
when you consider the quality of plant and the availability, it makes
up for it. I have seen some of his hosta selections for less but not
sure as to the size from the other nurseries.

I'd love to visit Plant Delights some day. I've bought from him before and
would do so again

I do have a smallish clump of epimediums. I understand there is a
grower/hybridizer just south of me in MA that I might try and check out
someday.

Cheryl