Old 17-04-2003, 04:44 PM
Tim B

Default Need Advice on Fencing a Small Vegetable Garden

good questions. if you have a plumber friend, they deal with copper pipe a
lot and can give better advice than I could.

"Shelly" wrote in message
DH has a solder gun and a pipe cutter I can use, so I am set there. Also,

we
have a shop near our house that resells left-over materials from new home
construction. It seems I can get a good deal on the copper piping there.

Do you happen to know if I need a special kind of solder for an outdoor
application? ...and I wonder if it would be possible to solder the fencing
material directly to the copper pipes? I had been thinking I would have to
use wire to affix it...

"Tim B" wrote in message
Check the price per foot on copper pipe and then add in the cost of the
angles you'll need, and the cost of the solder gun etc to put it

together.

"Shelly" wrote in message

"Jay Chan" wrote in message
m...
I am trying to fence a small vegetable garden to prevent rabbits

from
eating my string beans. By the way, I am living in northern New

Jersey
area.

I am planning to fence in my garden this year, too, and was toying

with
the
idea of using copper pipe for the fence posts. I've seen garden

ornaments
and trellises made of copper pipe; they look nice and seem to hold up

the
elements.

I wonder if there are downsides to this (beyond not being able to
nail/staple the fencing material directly to the posts)? My bet is it

would
last longer than untreated wood...