Old 26-10-2009, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default McCulloch Motor Mower-Self Propelled; how to adapt so grass bag can ?be changed without stopping engine

Gel wrote:
Thanks to Euro Health & Safety zealots you can no longer stop a mower
without engine shutting off, when your hand comes off "dead man's
handle".

(snip)

One possibility I suppose is to fabricate some sort of crade to lift
front end of mower (as it's front wheel propelled) and place front end
of mower in that, so during grass box change, the front end is
elevated, and front wheels will keep turning, but go nowhere, but
blade of course is still rotating.

I'm afraid I am finding it very amusing (in a very naughty and bad way!)
that the health + safety rules are making you consider something
considerably more dangerous than you would have if they'd not had them!