Old 27-10-2009, 08:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default Will fall-planted carrot seeds grow in spring?

"grownforyou" wrote in message
I have done this and the carrots germinated then overwintered. Did get
some carrots the following year.

I am noticing some are germinating now.

Personally I would hedge your bets and do some now and some in the
spring.

Well, I didn't do this on purpose; I am just curious about all the seeds
that I planted all summer that are still un-germinated in the ground that is
now growing cooler and moister. I wouldn't deliberately try to plant
carrots this time of year, but these were already planted, months ago! I
will definitely start a whole new bed in the spring.
--S.