Old 27-10-2009, 08:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
lloyd lloyd is offline

Default Ladybird nuisance

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 00:20:49 +0100, Rexx wrote:

There's so many ladybirds. Even my nan can't remember anything like we
got this year.

Is it just our house or is everyone getting tons of the orange
ladybirds trying to get indoors? And we live in a very built up area
not in the fields.

Hardly a nuisance the cute little things. Why on earth would you
consider them a nuisance just for living?

I read online that around this time of year they look for somewhere
to sleep for the winter and then come out looking for mates next year.
Mine started a few days ago with lots flying around, seemed to be just
for the one day. Around 5/6 got in the house and where flying around
here and there, not sure if they were trying to get out again so
opened a few windows for them if they landed near the windows, but no
way, they were staying put. Anyway they have gradually all met up at
the window on top of the landing and are now tucked up together in the
corner of the top right of the wooden frame. Obviously getting
something from each others company, but never seen the like before.
Been in the corner now not moving for two days.

Kids love the idea they're all snuggled up in bed together for the
winter, we do too