Old 27-10-2009, 01:26 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider[_2_] View Post
" and b) might
the bulbs have disintegrated into daughter bulbs and therefore not of
flowering size?
I think they probably did, but would have hoped they had matured by now. I read that they liked being congested and was hoping that all these bulbs would help.

We prune the tree to keep it upright, and there is open ground to the south, so the tree isn't much different from a wall in relation to the bed at its base.

Anyway, I can think of somewhere where they would be genuinely at the base of a southfacing wall, so perhaps I'll dig them up and put them there. Though, I think that they might be better watered there...