Old 27-10-2009, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Novice gardener purchased bay/goji/rosemary and already having problems help please

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 19:17:41 +0000, commando
wrote:

Hello all I am new to gardening and have never had so much as a lawn
before.

I decided 4 weeks ago to by a bay tree (30cm tall) rosemary (10cm tall)
and goji berry (30cm tall)

All three plants have been potted in peat free compost with stones at
the bottom and reside in my flat next to my patio doors.

I have problems with all three plants and would like some advice if
possible.

Bay:
My bay tree looks really healthy and has deep dark green leaves and a
strong stem. However I have noticed small circular holes appearing as
well as a clear gum like liquid and white residue on the leaves and am
becoming concerned it may be diseased or something.

Rosemary:
The rosemary plants dont seem to have grown at all and look frail and
dingy.

Goji berry:
the goji berry leaves have started to go yellow varrying ratios of
yellowness on the different leaves.

I am totally clueless and realy dont want to fall at the first hurdle
with my plants.

If they are inside your flat, you will have problems with all 3.
All are hardy outdoor plants and will not respond well to indoor
conditions.
Do you have anywhere outdoors where these pots could go?

Pam in Bristol