Old 27-10-2009, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Ladybird nuisance

lloyd wrote:
Is it just our house or is everyone getting tons of the orange
ladybirds trying to get indoors? And we live in a very built up area
not in the fields.

Hardly a nuisance the cute little things. Why on earth would you
consider them a nuisance just for living?

Native uk ladybirds are fine, and yes, quite cute (until you see a close
up of them! :-)

The harlequin ladybirds, I believe, can give quite a nasty nip, and are
killing off the native ladybirds.

Personally, I've looked at the identification charts and I /still/ can't
tell the difference!