Old 27-10-2009, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default How do I get Nerine to flower

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 13:26:22 +0000, echinosum
wrote:

'Spider[_2_ Wrote:
;867975']" and b) might
the bulbs have disintegrated into daughter bulbs and therefore not of
flowering size?

I think they probably did, but would have hoped they had matured by
now. I read that they liked being congested and was hoping that all
these bulbs would help.

We prune the tree to keep it upright, and there is open ground to the
south, so the tree isn't much different from a wall in relation to the
bed at its base.

Anyway, I can think of somewhere where they would be genuinely at the
base of a southfacing wall, so perhaps I'll dig them up and put them
there. Though, I think that they might be better watered there...

Dig in some sand/grit if the soil is at all damp there.

Pam in Bristol