Old 28-10-2009, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default lavender (pruning)

In article ,
On 2009-10-28 00:26:44 +0000, said:
Spider wrote:
If you try a fuchsia next year, consider planting F. 'Mrs Popple'. It is a
hardy one with good crimson and purple flowers, and it is readily available
in summer.

I'm incredibly fussy about my fuchsias. I've only found one hardy one
that I like - I believe the flouncier the flower the less hardy it is,
in general, and I hate the tiny plain little flowers, so it's non-hardy
only for me, I'm afraid.

So you won't like the lovely, white, simple, elegant, still absolutely
dripping with flowers Hawkshead, then? Shame. ;-)

I like the 'wild' form much more than the fancy ones, but I agree
that it looks best in a wild garden or naturalised on stone hedges.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.